Anyone who knows me that I truly believe in the words of Kevin Spacey:
We are only as good as those we mould and mentor to take over. It is about helping others be the best that they can be and hopefully learn to do the same for someone else.
It is with that, that I begin another year mentoring at BCIT. The British Columbia Institute of Technology has set an ambitious goal of matching 170 mentees with mentors over two induction periods, this November and in February 2016. They are looking for entrepreneurs and business professionals who are willing to dedicate 2 hours or more per month to help those just starting out have a leg up.
I am proud to be mentoring a young entrepreneur this February and challenge everyone here to get involved. Here is how to do so. Even if you are not an entrepreneur, call them, they have business students, marketing students and others just waiting to be matched up. I assure you. . . the experience you have is well worth the investment in time.
Inspire the next generation of BCIT entrepreneurs
We are currently seeking entrepreneurs from all industries to mentor aspiring new business owners. Share what you’ve learned from your experience and guide new entrepreneurs as they strive towards their business and career goals.
- You’re an entrepreneur who has owned and operated a business for at least 3 years
- Open to sharing your knowledge and experience, and the possibility of learning new perspectives or approaches from aspiring and talented students.
How does it work?
- If you are interested, you will fill out an online application; this will assist us in matching you with the right mentee
- Attend the mentor training and Kickoff event to meet your mentee
- You can chat over coffee, attend professional networking functions together, and more.
What is the time commitment?
- 2 hours each month for a 6 months match.
If you are interested or would like more information please visit the BCITSA Entrepreneurial Services website.
Entrepreneurial Services Manager
BCIT Student Association
P: 604-456-1237 | C: 778-877-2558 | E: email@example.com